See our Terms and Conditions.
What personally identifiable information does Saferworld collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
What cookies does Saferworld use?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The list below explains the cookies we use and why.
- Google Analytics These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
- YouTube Videos This cookie helps track the number of views for a particular video. The cookie will track user preferences and serve up related content or adverts within an embedded YouTube video. Click here for an overview of the privacy and interest based ads set within Youtube videos
How does Saferworld use your information?
Saferworld uses the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Who is collecting information?
When you provide personal information to the Saferworld website, you are sharing that information with Saferworld alone unless stated otherwise. For example, when you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to Paypal. It is clear on the donation page when you are going through to the Paypal site.
With whom does Saferworld share your information?
Saferworld will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of sending you emails based on your request for information. When you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a partner company and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided so that the transaction can take place.
How does Saferworld protect your personal information?
Saferworld is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the personally identifiable information that you provide to us. We use security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system. The Data Protection Act 1998 seeks to safeguard individual’s rights related to the gathering, storing, processing and transferring of their personal data held by others. Saferworld understands and complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and in particular takes steps to ensure that adequate arrangements are made to ensure the security, confidentiality and accuracy of data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Saferworld cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Why did you receive an email from Saferworld?
If you received a mailing from us, your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (‘opt-in’), or you have registered or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
What is Saferworld’s policy on allowing you to update your email subscription preferences?
We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and update your email preferences. In the meantime, if you change email address or wish to change which e-bulletins you receive, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you stop receiving emails from Saferworld?
At the end of each email we send you can click on the unsubscribe button. This will automatically remove you from the mailing list. Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘unsubscribe’.