Saferworld's vision, mission and approach
Saferworld believes in a world where everyone can lead peaceful, fulfilling lives, free from fear and insecurity.
We work to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We believe there are essential conditions necessary for peace to become established. We work to create environments where:
- people play an active role in preventing and transforming conflict and building peace
- people have access to fair and effective paths to address the grievances and inequalities that drive conflict
- people with influence exercise power to promote just and equitable societies
These are not the only conditions needed to bring about peace, but we believe they are particularly important and that Saferworld, with its partners, can help achieve them.
Our integrity as an organisation is derived from the values and principles that underpin and guide our own work and the work of those we build relationships with. We believe:
- in the worth, equality and dignity of every person, and respect the richness of social and cultural diversity
- inclusivity and accountability are essential in society if people are to enjoy security, justice and peaceful coexistence
- our actions must show honesty, transparency and consistency with our principles and the mission we profess
Key organisational documents
- Saferworld Strategic Plan 2014-17
- Logframe for Saferworld’s Partnership Programme Arrangement (PPA) with the UK Department for International Development (DFID)
- Baseline Monitoring Report for Saferworld’s DFID PPA