Post-2015 High Level Panel framing questions – Saferworld response
As part of the process of determining what comes after the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) expire in 2015, the UN Secretary General has appointed a UN High Level Panel of Eminent Persons to advise on the development of the post-2015 development agenda. As part of this process, the panel has issued framing questions to guide its work in advance of their next meeting in Monrovia, Liberia in February 2013, developed during a meeting of the panel in London in October 2012. This document outlines Saferworld’s response to the UN High Level Panel’s framing questions, focusing on those questions posed by the panel which relate most directly to Saferworld’s areas of expertise.
The questions addressed in this submission include:
- What have the MDGs achieved? What lessons can be learned about designing goals to have maximum impact?
- Which issues do poor and vulnerable people themselves prioritise?
- What does a business-as-usual scenario look like?
- How should a new framework address the causes of poverty?
- How should a new framework reflect the particular challenges of the poor living in conflict and post-conflict situations?
- What kind of monitoring process should be established?
Date: January 2013
Country: UN, UK, Other