Saferworld's annual review 2018–19
Over the past year, we have seen conflicts destroy and disrupt people’s lives around the world, with those in power often giving priority to costly military ‘solutions’ and disregarding the rights of those affected.
Despite the challenging environment, we continued to put people at the heart of our efforts to prevent conflict and build peace. Our 2018-19 annual review shares highlights from some of our work including how we are working with partners to:
- influence global policy and advocacy
- put Sustainable Development Goal 16+ into action
- tackle gender-based violence in Somalia
- use WhatsApp for peacebuilding in Yemen
- push for more progress in controlling the arms trade