Warpod podcast launch at Saferworld19 February 2021
We are excited to announce that the Warpod podcast has joined Saferworld. Warpod is a monthly podcast featuring leading voices who discuss the long-term risks and challenges of contemporary conflict.
The first episode examines the biggest security threats facing the world and what policies we should develop to make the world a safer place. Its host, Saferworld’s Conflict and Security Policy Coordinator, Abigail Watson will be joined by:
- Larry Attree, Head of Global Policy and Advocacy at Saferworld
- Abdijalil Tahir, Policy, Advocacy and Communications Manager for Somalia and Somaliland at Saferworld
- Delina Goxho, an independent analyst and usually co-host of the podcast
Over the past two years, over 50 conflict and security experts have featured on the podcast. They have answered a number of important questions about contemporary conflict, including:
- How can we protect civilians?
- How can we ensure short-term decision-making doesn’t exacerbate violent conflict in the long-term?
- How can we improve the level of transparency and accountability over contemporary conflict?
Warpod episodes have explored the domestic consequences for democratic controls over the use of force in Europe, the US and elsewhere, and the long-term implications for peace and security in places like the Middle East, the Sahel, the Horn of Africa, South America and South-East Asia.
The podcast will be released on the 20th of each month. Please note the views and opinions expressed during the podcast are those of the contributors featured. They are not the views or opinions of Saferworld.
Click here to listen to the podcast
Click here to listen to previous episodes